Apply now and begin preparing to create a more just society
Adler University welcomes students from all personal, professional, and cultural backgrounds. We admit individuals who can demonstrate a commitment to social justice as well as academic excellence.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an academically equivalent qualification from a foreign institution
- Fulfillment of the minimum admission requirements for your program of choice (see individual program pages for details)
- Acceptable proficiency in spoken and written English
If you are currently completing your undergraduate degree, you may apply for early admission pending successful completion of your current academic program.
Required Application Materials
To apply to Adler University, please submit the following:
- A completed application for admission plus payment of the application fee ($50.00)
- A brief autobiographical essay or personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate school attended. Graduates of U.S. and Canadian institutions should send transcripts directly to the Adler University Office of Admissions
- International transcripts must be evaluated by an evaluation service such as wes.org or ece.org
- Translation requirements may also apply for international applicants; please contact us for details
Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) applicants must also submit official GRE scores from the General Test. You must have taken the GRE within five years of your intended start date. Our GRE school code is 7501.
If English is not your first language, you must submit official scores from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Send scores directly to the University’s Vancouver Campus through the testing service. The Vancouver campus code number for receiving TOEFL test scores is 6215.
- Applicants who take the paper-based TOEFL must receive a minimum score of 580.
- Applicants who take the computer-based TOEFL at a testing centre must receive a minimum score of 240.
- Applicants who take the Internet-based TOEFL must receive a minimum score of 92, with a minimum score of 22 on each of the four sections: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Applicants who take the IELTS must receive a minimum academic score of 7.
Submission of these scores may not be necessary for all students. Contact the Vancouver Office of Admission by requesting information at the top of this page.
Transfer Credit Policy
After you have been accepted to one of our programs, you may submit a transfer credit request to the Office of Admissions to have credits earned at previous institutions considered for transfer to your program at Adler. You may transfer up to 12 credits into an M.A. program, and up to 24 credits into the Psy.D. program.
To support your transfer request, you must submit a letter from the dean of your previous program stating that you are in good academic standing and free from academic or disciplinary inquiry or action.
Interview and Acceptance of Admission
After your application has been accepted and approved, you will interview with a member of Adler’s faculty. Afterward, the Director of Admissions will notify you in writing of the admission decision. The University reserves the right to admit or deny admission to any applicant based on the professional judgment of faculty members and administration involved in the admission process.
To complete the enrollment process, you must submit your tuition deposit.